Friday 26 March 2010

It’s going to be a hot one!

21st March 2010

I stepped off the plane last night and was hit by a wall of solid humid heat. It was 8.30pm. I was picked up by Sammy an employee of a friend of a friend (Rupert) who has agreed to give me a base in Accra whilst I’m in Ghana. We like to beg and borrow accommodation and transport where possible! Rupert is Managing Director of a transport logistics business so I am picked up in a 4x4 Honda with blacked out windows, quite a step up from the usual battered old taxi with a hole in the floor. I feel a little underdressed for the occasion. The temperature gauge in the car says 28 degrees. Sammy takes me to Rupert’s house where I am given the warmest of welcomes accompanied by a local beer called “Club”, a slice of very cheesy pizza and Michael McIntyre on DVD (not very African so far). I have an early start tomorrow so turn in, very tired but looking forward to unfolding the mysteries of several new destinations over the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment